Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Journey Today

This evening, I left my home, on a short journey.  The journey would only take 5-8 minutes at the most.  

But on the way, the Lord sought to teach His child more about Him.  Before I share His teaching, I want to say that while I was driving, journeying to pick up my two year old from his grandma's, I was marvelously overwhelmed with praise for the Lord and the way He was taught me His Truth over the last weeks, months, and years.  While Truth spoke to me on the way to pick up my two year old at his grandma's, I was so overwhelmed by His Glory that I pulled over at a nearby unused car wash in order to write down all that He was revealing and confirming. 

 I've dealt with the devil enough to know that He loves to steal the Lord's Truth when it is planted in a person's heart.  So I found an old pay check stub, dug a pen out of the bottom of my purse, and began to write hurriedly what He was revealing.  All the while praising Him.  The JOY that only the Lord can shed in our hearts is beyond this world.  

We are told in His Word:  "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost" (Romans 14: 17).  The Lord surely knew what He meant.  Righteousness, peace, and joy.  Only His Holy Ghost can bring such beauty to a longing heart.  These three ARE the kingdom of God.
 
I wrote all that I needed on the paper and then pulled back onto the road with just a few miles to go.  I continued to laugh with pure joy and with pure thanksgiving to Him for what He had revealed and confirmed to me.  The Lord is the master weaver.  Each thread is so intricately woven into another . . . fitting the story of a believer's life perfectly together.  What a masterpiece.  

As I approached my destination, I gently asked:  "Lord, do You want me to share this?  Is this from You?"

I do this so often with a completely humble heart.  I value His Presence above everything.  I never want to speak or write in such moments without knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that He, the King of kings, is the One who has spoken to me.  Right after asking Him that, He brought to my mind the following verse:


"My grace is sufficient for thee."  

In that moment, He brought me back to yet another gentle Truth He had revealed to me a few weeks ago.  A Truth that revealed how He speaks to me.  How He has always revealed the Truth to me over the years.  Even since that time, He has further ministered to me in that verse and opened up my understanding of that verse and those surrounding it.

 And now, while pulling into my in-laws' driveway, He had spoken it to me again.  I parked and walked into their home.  My two year old sat smiling on his grandma's lap.  I had planned to simply pick him up and head straight back home, but he wanted to ride the 4-wheeler with grandaddy before going.  

I agreed, and for some unknown reason, I found myself walking toward the window above their sink.  I gazed out into their back yard when something hanging from that very same window caught my attention.  My eyes focused in on it.  I serve a right on time God, who truly does have His eye on the sparrow and hears a heart that longs for Him and His Truth.  
 

I took a picture of what the Lord confirmed as I looked out the window.  It reads:  "My grace is sufficient for you."  2 Corinthians 12: 9

  I hope I can convey in words how perfect all of this worked out - from His revelation in speaking to me ... to His confirming it as I pulled into my in-laws . . .  as I looked out their window waiting on my two year old to ride the 4-wheeler with grandaddy.

Now, I will share what the Lord shared with me on my short journey this afternoon.  These are the ideas I wrote down and that the Lord revealed:

When I think of what His grace has taught me in these last years, I weep.  I literally weep tears of complete, humble joy and love toward Him.  When I think of all the ways His Grace has imparted Truth and Power to me, His perfection is apparent to me!  It has been during my lowliest moments of seeking Him through tremendous prayer - through tremendous and transparent cries to Him, that He has shed His Grace - His teaching - on and to me.  I often refer to all of these times in the last weeks, months, and years of His Grace teaching me as being revelations, and they are - but He kept imparting to me while driving today that THIS IS WHAT HIS GRACE DOES!  I have fought tremendous battles seeking His Truth, and the road, many times, has been very lonely when no one seemingly stood with me.  There was much affliction of the mind during such times, but He sought to reveal to me today that it has always been His Grace that provided the answers during those lonely times of seeking Him.  

Beyond this personal revelation of my life and journey with Him, He also revealed the following:

Those under the old covenant were made aware of their sin by the law.  Romans 7:7 - "I had not known sin, but by the law."  

However, under the New Covenant, we have a Saviour, through His GRACE, teaching those who believe how to live in righteousness and goodness and TRUTH.   

Over the centuries, there have been many who have distorted purposely or ignorantly misunderstood Grace.  Grace does not permit sin.  No. The Truth is GRACE will teach a believer how to overcome sin- Not to continue IN sin. 


Does He not work in such beautiful ways?  I can't stop praising His Goodness.  His Grace.  To have brought this journey full circle with "My Grace Is Sufficient for Thee" simply astonishes me.  I tell you that I love Him more all the time. 

 To know Him and for Him to know me - that is the journey of my life and ultimately, my destination.


I cannot help but share these moments with others.  There is something that burns deep within me during such times.  I don't share to spotlight anything about me,  for I have never believed that I am anything special.  He IS the One I seek to glorify to others.   I don't like any attention drawn to me; I have always carried that persona since being a young girl, but again, there is something bigger than me that beckons me to speak about such things and to write about such things!  I must obey Him, for He is my everything.  

May you be drawn closer to Him.  Call out to Him with a pure heart seeking only His Truth.  

He. Will. Answer.  

And His Grace will teach you how to overcome IN CHRIST.  Amen.  

Click on the blog entry below (written before the one above) blog  in order to see fully how magnificently the Lord spoke to me:

Strength Made Perfect

No comments: