Monday, November 19, 2012

Pure as GOLD

"But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:10 KJV

Yesterday, I heard two separate preachers use this verse in their messages. I find such peace in knowing that the Lord has great plans for His children. Even when we are called to undergo a great trial, He has plans -- HE has plans. Even when we do not understand why we must encounter such an

guish, such sadness, such devastation, HE has plans for GOLD. The blemishes are being washed away - even scrubbed sometimes - if I am being honest. Sometimes, I have sat in utter darkness wondering why and how the Lord could allow this pain to exist, but at His appointed time, He shows me that HE has plans for GOLD.

Wash away my imperfections, Lord -- that is my heart's cry to Him. Show me where I fall short and help me to stand. What a model Jesus was to us in so many ways. What courageous words He spoke before His crucifixion: "Not my will, but thine, be done" (Luke 22:42). Are we not to follow in His footsteps? Hasn't He called us to forsake all and follow Him?

The journey won't be easy; otherwise, He wouldn't have said "Strait is the gate and narrow is the way" (Matthew 7: 14 KJV). There will be anguish; there will be suffering, but remember friends, HE HAS PLANS FOR GOLD.

No comments: