Friday, January 15, 2016

Shushan

I begin many blog posts with a personal experience.  Why?  I always consider Revelation 12:11,

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."
 I share what God has taught me personally in blogs because I am always amazed how He speaks to me and that He would even speak to me.  Also, the Lord can use one person's testimony to encourage others.  Ultimately, my hope and obligation in these blogs and in life center upon obeying the Lord and delivering the message He would have me deliver to others.

3 Weeks Ago
While sleeping  at the end of December, I heard a voice speak to me in another language.  The language was not familiar, but it was clear that the content of the message was one of comfort, peace, and reassurance. The words flowed very fluently and poetically.  I remember thinking how beautiful those spoken words were.  I felt no fear as I listened to that beautiful language spoken.  It was the perfect message and the perfect voice to my ears because there had been much anguish surrounding me.  Hearing the voice of the Shepherd is the greatest sound I have ever known.

When I awakened momentarily, I knew the Lord had spoken to me.  I could not recall all of the words spoken to me, but I did remember the first word:

SHUSHAN

Nothing about the word seemed familiar to me.  I didn't even know if it were a true word, at least one that I would be able to find the definition for.

When this word was spoken in the dream, it seemed apparent to me that after the word SHUSHAN, there would have been a comma, and then the remainder of the message was spoken.  In other words, Shushan was being used as what is called a "direct address" in the English language.  If I am addressing someone directly in written form or even spoken form, it would look something like this:
John, I appreciate the thoughtful words you spoke.  
John is being directly addressed, followed by a comma, and then the message to John.

A few hours later, I began to research the word "shushan".  As I said, I didn't even know if it were an actual word or not.  But, alas, Shushan has a very significant meaning.  Not just in general, but specifically within the Bible. The moment I began researching Shushan, I discovered that it is an actual Hebrew word.

The Lord was speaking to me in Hebrew. There is nothing in my own human brain that could have spoken that Hebrew as beautifully and poetically as He had to me.  I was and still am humbled.

The Lord directly led me to this information regarding Shushan:
1)  Most of the events in the Book of Esther took place in Shushan. The King's Palace is in Shushan.  Some may even describe the Palace and Shushan as being interchangeable terms for the same place.
Also,
2)  The Biblical name Shushan means lily, rose, joy.



Both areas He brought me to were astonishing because three months ago, the Lord led me to complete an Esther fast (explained in the next paragraph) -and- my name is Joy, so when I saw lily, rose, and joy associated with the meaning of Shushan, I understood why I felt Shushan was being used as a direct address in the dream.  He was talking to me directly in the King's Palace.  I don't share that with malice or pride, but God knows when His people are being tried by Satan. The Lord is faithful to speak at precise times to lead and help us down the right path to Him. The fact that the Lord had used the same word to show me both meanings, my name and the king's palace in the Book of Esther... Who does that?  Only this Divine all seeing, all knowing God, who understands the intents of our hearts.  I encourage everyone who is battling heavy opposition from the 'rulers of the darkness of this world' (Ephesians 6:12) to keep your eyes on the Lord.  Tune out lies and believe the Truth of God's Word.  Lies are distractions.  (Jeremiah 23:28)

3 Months Ago

 In October, the Lord called me to an Esther fast.  I experienced dark spiritual forces rise up during that fast.  For that matter, there were dark spiritual forces attacking me before the fast.  I believe this is why He told me to fast as Esther fasted and for the same reason she fasted (to rise up against Haman/Satan in order for the people to be saved/rescued.  Victory hinged on the King's response to Esther's request. But first, Esther had to take action - fast & then, approach the King).
Those three days in October were very trying.  The Lord has told me repeatedly over the last years to speak a certain message regarding repentance and how important it is for believers to continue in the faith in order to inherit the Kingdom of God.  He has also shown me to warn the brethren in particular areas where they were following another spirit that was not from or of Him.

During the Esther fast, the Lord showed me many truths.  Some were so personal that I have only shared them with my husband, but below are a some of the others...
1)  He calls His people to lay their lives down for the sake of the brethren.
2)  He calls His people to stand up against that which is deceitful.
3)  There is a generation of people who are dreadfully deceived by Satan and need the Truth of God taught to them.
4) Not obeying Him results in eternal consequences for not only the person who does not obey but for others.

During the Esther fast, the Lord surely fed me with spiritual manna.  He was careful to guide me to scripture in miraculous ways.  I asked Him during the fast to please extend His sceptre to me so that I would know I was understanding Him correctly and that He would give me the strength to do exactly what He said.

Why did I request the sceptre?  When Esther walked in to the King after her fast, she knew there was a chance that she could be put to death.  Walking in unannounced to the King of the land just didn't happen.  However, Esther was determined to save her people.  She stated,

And if I perish, I perish.  (Esther 4:16)
In chapter 5, we read the outcome of Esther's fasting and if she would find favor with the King:

Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house, over against the king's house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house.
And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre.
Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom.  (Esther 5:1-3)  
During hour 50 of the fast, the Lord extended His royal sceptre to me.  The presence of the Holy Spirit ushered in, and He specifically and miraculously led me to a particular verse.  My mind was not thinking about the sceptre; I was simply following close behind His footsteps during this difficult fast, but the heavens opened, and He brought me to this verse in such an unexpected way.  I can, even now, recall Satan vehemently beating against my mind before I read it.  Glory to God, I did not listen to the voice of the stranger, but continued to follow the True Shepherd's Voice:
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.    Hebrews 1: 8
He had shown me the sceptre as I humbly asked.  Hallelujah! So a few weeks after this tremendous time, I spent 7 days teaching 120 people the Truth of God's wonderful Word.  And my heart was one of love toward God and love toward a group of people to encounter and to serve the True Risen King, Jesus Christ.  There was no sugar coating of Truth.

Repent.  Believe.  Follow the Shepherd. If you sin against Him, return in true and complete repentance. One can't live with swine and dwell with the Father.  We must choose whom we will serve.  
Glory!  I have no doubt that there were ears who heard.  The battle leading up to those moments was too fierce and God's presence was so strong!

4-5 Weeks Ago
In December, shortly after completing the task God had given me, Satan reared his deception.  Would I obey God on this matter when tested?  Will any follower of Christ obey under any circumstance?  We better understand there is surely a cost to following Christ (Luke 14:28).  The cross He instructs His followers to carry has a destination (Matthew 16:24-26).  It's not often preached, but you are carrying your cross to your death.  The death of your way, your will, your desires in exchange and in servitude to the Father's Business.  He must be your entire focus (John 8:29).  Not a single one of us could ever do this on our own, but through and by and in Jesus Christ, we can carry our cross, deny ourselves, and do what seems impossible!  Thank you, Lord, for your unspeakable gift!

Again in December, I prayed and shared what the Lord gave me to share to another group of people after a false doctrine had sadly been taught. The Lord was faithful to speak to me and guide me before and afterwards in remarkable ways.  I won't share most of the ways, but I will share some.  I can remember at one point thinking, "Lord, show me your righteous sceptre again to confirm this calling and the message."  What did He do?  At church, the following week, a documentary was shown.  Unexpectedly to me, but not to Him, this Great God!  Not one time, but two times,  Bible verses with the word sceptre appeared on the screen.  During very pivotal times of seeking Him in the last two years, He had shown me those very same two verses.  And again, this time He had shown me another area of the verses that I had not really paid attention to before:  The SCEPTRE.  He extended the sceptre to me just as I had requested before going to church!   I nearly wept as I sat there seeing that word on the screen.  He is faithful to guide His flock.

Returning to 3 Weeks Ago
So I return to the beginning of the blog: Shushan.  Before, during, and after trials of obedience, the Lord has surely always been faithful.  Just the other day, I shared with a pastor in Florida that the Lord had spoken to me in Hebrew and that I could only recall the word Shushan.  He said that while he was texting his response, his young daughter began whistling a song she had learned about Queen Esther.  The Lord truly amazes me.  He does.  Over and over again, I am drawn to Him.

I have learned that the Lord is always faithful to His word.  When we speak His Truth and obey His calling, He is pleased.

It is not the will of God that any should perish.  It is His will that we teach others to repent & believe (obey).

Today
Even today, the Lord continues to place His finger on His Truth. May we obey His Way and not the Devil's:

Matthew 4:11-19
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
12 Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;
13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:
14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;
16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

May we follow Jesus' example.  We shine the Light when we preach repentance and servitude.  

No comments: