Monday, September 1, 2014

Laboring

Below, I share a dream the Lord gave me.  Originally, I didn't plan to do so, but there have been three definitive confirmations of this dream and its message.  

For all who are laboring for the Lord, use the Word of God and His Spirit to shine a light on what is false.  As intimidating as the foes may be, continue your journey on the road paved with affliction.  

Speak the Truth.  If the enemy is difficult to discern, the Truth of the Word has a way of illuminating the false from the true.  
 
A few nights ago (Saturday night into early morning Sunday), I had a dream that I believe the Lord gave me.  I am careful to say that because I don't believe everything that enters my mind while I am sleeping is from the Lord, but I do believe this dream was.  

The Dream:
 


It was very dark out, but I could tell that approximately 10 feet from me, off to my left, was a pack of about 4-5 wolves.  It was difficult to see them when there was darkness, but in my hand, I held a flashlight.  I felt that if I shined it the wolves' way, it would stun or cause them to freeze momentarily.  I shined the flashlight toward them, and the wolves that I could barely see in the dark were very evident to me then.  They were clearly what I had originally believed them to be: WOLVES.  
They stared at the light in an almost paralyzed manner.  Internally, I realized that the light from the flashlight kept them (the wolves) from attacking me ( and my children - who were also present).  I remember thinking that the wolves didn't realize it was simply "a human being standing behind the light".  The light I held kept the wolves from attacking.  I was fully aware that without the light, I (and my children) would have been destroyed by the pack of wolves. 
As they appeared to keep their distance, I then turned toward a door that represented safety in the dream.  However, right in front of the door and in front of me was another/different pack of wolves.  So, I had to shine my light on them, as well, to keep them from attacking.  I was able, with the light shining on the wolves, to make it through the door with my children.  When shutting the door, I felt as if the wolves were pressing close against the door, as if they had been right on our heels. 

 
Once inside, I realized the current room was not safe enough, for I was very pregnant in my dream and realized that the "laboring time" had arrived, so my children and I entered into another room that was more enclosed - and it had an adjoining bathroom.  While in this "more secure" room, I called my sister and began to explain to her how I had made several attempts to help my brother, yet he wasn't reachable.  I remember crying on the phone to her because I was so exasperated by my brother not accepting the help.  She appeared understanding, but deep within my spirit as I spoke with her, I could tell she was too preoccupied with problems in her marriage that she could not fully "hear" what I was saying. 
I woke up at this point.

After fully waking a few hours later, I wrote down everything while still upstairs in my bedroom.  After writing it, I did not feel that my sister represented my biological sister, or that my brother in the dream represented my biological brother- I believe they represented brothers and sisters in Christ. 

I walked downstairs with two pages in my hand (of the dream I had just written).   I placed laundry in the laundry room and began walking toward my kitchen table in order to place the papers detailing my dream on the table.  My hand was actually extended toward the table (with the papers) as the Lord very intentionally brought my eyes to an object on my kitchen table:  a flashlight. 

There have been times that the Lord has truly drawn my eyes to objects that I would not ordinarily pay attention to -  I believe He did so on this occasion.


Just a few minutes ago, I typed an email to a sister in Christ detailing this dream to her.  After I sent it to her, my husband, shortly thereafter, was walking down the hallway toward me.  He had picked up some laundry in my 7 year old's room. My husband held a flashlight in his hand - brightly shining.  He stated that this small flashlight had been in my son's shorts.  Only the Lord can time such events so perfectly.   

Yesterday morning after having this dream, I spent much of the morning studying the Word.  In particular, I studied the use of wolves in the Bible and the use of light in the Bible.  I even found myself pondering the verse:

Psalm 119-

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Later yesterday, when I went to church, the preacher taught on false teachers and used many of the verses that I had studied earlier that morning at home.  Toward the end of his teaching, he used verse 105 above.  Who orchestrates such events....  Only God.  Only God.

May we walk in the Truth.  Use the Truth to illuminate what is dark - even when the Enemy is intimidating, we must continue our journey.   The journey will be dark in this world - if that were not so, then why does the Lord provide His Word (His Truth) as a "lamp" for us.  Why would we need His Word to "light" our "path", if the path were not dark.  Do we carry flashlights around during the day?   

I knew the wolves were present in my dream, but they were difficult to see in the distance.  It was not until I shined the light toward them, that I saw them for who they really were, and they were very close.  Such is the case for false prophets and false teachers.  The Bible teaches that they are in the midst of the congregation making every attempt to lead followers of Christ astray.  There is a litmus test, however.  Do they accept the WHOLE Word of God?  Do they deviate from His Truth?  Do they argue against the Truth?  Do they seek to silence or destroy the Truth that is in you?   

In my dream, I assumed I was entering into the more secure room in order to begin the laboring process - literally birthing a child, but that notion immediately transformed into me calling my sister to discuss my attempt at reaching my brother.  The laboring/birthing process had begun - I believe it was a labor for the brethren IN Christ.  Yet, many are preoccupied with "worldly" problems.  Yet, some do not want to be rescued or further instructed in the ways of Christ.  I am reminded of the 10 virgins.  Who has fallen asleep and slumbers while the bridegroom's return quickly approaches???

Who is sleeping while Christ labors in Gethsemane before His crucifixion? 
 
There is much more I expect to learn from the Lord regarding this dream.  May all of us IN Christ have ears to hear.  

Below are some verses I studied yesterday, some of which were spoken of in church later that same day:

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Ezekiel 22:27
Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain.

Acts 20:29
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

No comments: