Saturday, March 29, 2014

Eyes of the Blind


While praying this morning, I felt led to ask the Lord to open the eyes of specific people He had placed on my heart. I prayed, "Lord, open their eyes to the Truth." At that precise moment of prayer, the Lord brought to my mind the moment in the Bible when Jesus touched eyes in order to give sight. I actually envisioned His hand touching closed eyes. After praying, I walked over to the sink in my kitchen and gave my 2 year old a toothbrush; then, I walked into the living room and picked up the Bible. I sat on the couch prepared to read the Word of God.

 I opened this one thousand eight hundred and thirty-four page book (1, 834) without thought or plan to page 1,440.

My eyes went directly to these verses on page 1, 440:

 "And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, "What will ye that I shall do unto you?'
They say unto him, 'Lord, that our eyes may be opened.' So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him." (Matt. 20:32-34 KJV)

 To have just knelt 5 minutes before this moment and prayed this very thought for specific people, whom I hold dear to my heart, a prayer that their eyes would be opened to the Truth of the Lord - I spoke their names as I prayed.

 Who orchestrates such moments? 
Who allowed my fingers to part HIS book at such a precise location. 
Who brought my eyes to these specific verses on page 1, 440? 

There are over 30,000 (thirty thousand) verses in the Bible, yet He, the Lord Jesus, made sure my eyes landed directly on this page and these 3 verses.

Verses 32-34 address almost word for word the prayer I prayed for specific people in my life. The very image the Lord put into my mind as I prayed a humble prayer for certain others to receive His Truth was written in those verses. He is calling believers to seek and worship Him in Spirit and in Truth - not partial truth or distorted truth or worldly truth. He is calling people to lay down the lies about Him.

The greatest danger many face is relying on their understanding of the Word of God. He is calling people to seek Truth from Him now while on this earth. Not later. Later will be too late.

He has confirmed to me this morning that He is still willing to reach out His hand of compassion. He still wants to give sight to the blind. 

Before sight was given to the blind in these verses, the people asked Him for sight. They asked Him.

I can confirm in my own life that the times the Lord has shown me His Truth on specific issues occurred only AFTER I reached a point of surrender. Not until I surrendered all that I thought I knew and all that others had attempted to teach me did He divinely reveal and continually confirm His Truth. What liberty! What Freedom in such moments!

Obedience to Him is key.

2 comments:

Latter Days Ministry said...

Amen! I love such moments of confirmation. To know that we are hearing from the Almighty God (which is humbling), to know as well that He is leading and guiding us (which we so desperately need), and to know that He cares so much for those He puts on our hearts for intercession. Praise the Lord!

Trust in God - The Turtle's Voice said...

Amen! May we continue to pray for others. The Lord is listening, and yes- He puts them on our hearts. What a wonderful God we serve!