Monday, March 18, 2013

If God Be For Us...

Last night, I was thinking about a particular work that I felt God was leading me to do - a work that won't be easy or favored by many -- I was preparing for bed while I was thinking on what He has been calling me to do lately. I walked across my bedroom and opened my closet; I was in search of a shirt for work the next day, all the while thinking of what He had been whispering to me all evening. 
  My hand separated the shirts hanging in the closet in a completely unplanned location that I had to smile knowing God had heard my thoughts and was telling me that I need not fear man, FOR I had parted the clothing in such a way that the shirt in front of me - in bold letters - read IF GOD BE FOR US. What a gentle reminder that when we step out IN CHRIST, we need not fear man. 

Moments later, I was reading the Bible before going to sleep. While reading it, I remember thinking, "I wish I could recall where that verse is in the Bible." But I couldn't recall.

 
This evening- thoughts of what happened last night were far from my mind, but NOT from HIS mind. While sitting on the couch just moments ago, I picked up the Bible and opened it - my eyes went straight to the following verse: "If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8: 31 KJV)

God never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: