Friday, February 17, 2017

I Bless His Name

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19


I was given the opportunity to testify of God’s faithfulness to renew my mind when it was battered by such anguish years ago.  In the opportunity, you better believe the serpent raised his head and gave me several reasons why I should not - several fear tactics as to why I needed to remain quiet.  


“You will offend that person if you tell them your testimony.”  


Instead of bowing down to  the serpent, God reminded me that the verse above applied in this
situation.  The Lord has faithfully  been teaching me how this verse means what it says.  Satan is brazen, and he is a bully.  However, there is no need for a saint to be bullied by Satan.  Saints are to tread over ALL the power of the enemy.   So - I did.  I tread on him by this testimony.  I shared that no matter the mental anguish, no matter the thoughts that attempt to take root in a person’s mind in order to birth sin, JESUS Christ is the answer.  He ALONE renews minds.  I recalled Isaiah 61 that carries this promise and power:  “To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.”


As I did this, my flesh fell on the floor dead. And I was happy to see it there.  My spirit that was led by His Spirit was emboldened.  I decided the consequence that followed by man - his response, him being offended by me - was all worth it as long as it brought GOD GLORY!!


I would not be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, especially this aspect.


After sharing my testimony, a series of miraculous and Holy Spirit filled moments occurred, one after another and another!  Wow!  The Devil wants people to be shackled in their thought life and wants them to rely on the world to fix them, yet the world’s “fix” is simply a band-aid.  The real problem is still lurking underneath, festering.  Jesus can renew a broken mind! Seek HIM!


This song is so beautiful.  The words ring true in my own life.  No matter what battle you face, praise in the midst; for the Lord will show up and resurrect you.

No comments: